The Cartridge assembly consists of plates, perforated screens, spacers and fitter media. Interlocking spacers internally form single pipeline. The unfiltered liquid is centrally fed under pressure from bottom inlet. The liquids spreads out equally on each plate fitted with filter media. Solids remain on filter media and clear. filtrate flows through precisely made holes on sides of plates and collects in the shell, which then comes out through the outlet. In this process, solids are evenly distributed on each plate. The cake is then cleaned from the filter material and used again for filtration process.
- Single pass filtration with no solid bypass
- Full batch recovery, no separate scavenging system needed.
- Proper sealing which allows the filtration of volatile, toxic and inflammable products.
- Plate pack arrangement ensures :
- Any type of filtering media singularly or in combination can be used to achieve required micron efficiency.
- Easy removal and cleaning of the Cartridge Assembly.
- Closed System ensures :
- Filtration of toxic, hazardous, explosive materials.
- Efficiently cleaned and sterilized.
- Central feeding ensures
- No solid inside the vessel, complete recovery of liquids.
- Cake solids can be maximum dried with N2
- Complete cake retains over the plate.
- Uniform filter-aid bed can be formed.
- Reduces the cost of expensive solvents.
- Built In Stirrer Arrangement with Lifting and Lowering Device.
- Steam Fittings with All Connections Factory Fitted.
- Non Tilting Type With Bottom Discharge Models Are Also Available.
- Capacities Available: From 10 Ltrs to 2000 Ltrs Capacity.
Basically this unit is used for preparation of starch paste. Hemispherical shape ensures that the heating of the starch paste is uniform and gets more surface area. The tilting type arrangement ensures ease in unloading the paste into any container or vessel. The starch is put in the kettle and water is added till desired thickness is achieved. The kettle is jacketed and is heated till the starch melts and a thick paste is achieved. This paste can be agitated either manually or with the help of an anchor type agitator which will constantly stir the paste so that there will no lumps formation and proper mixing is achieved. Temperature can be set to desired temp by adjusting the thermostat provided and the temperature can be seen in the dial thermometer provided.
- Entire construction in Stainless steel
- Semi hemispherical bowl ensure that entire bowl can be emptied by rotating the worm wheel.
- Simplified construction enables ease of operation.
- Steam or electric heating is possible depending upon the user requirements.
- When used with stirrer / anchor the movement of anchor is forward and reverse using cyclic timer. Stirrer can be supplied at additional cost.
When supplied with stirrer, there is a top entry drive without using any “V” belt. Stirrer can also be removed for cleaning. Temperature indication is possible at additional cost.
Technical Details: :
Diameter of Plate
|No. of Plates||Filtering Area M2||Cake Holding Capacity Ltrs.||Capacity Ltr / Hr|
|SB 18×8||18″ D||8||1.270||51.00||2500|
|SB 18×15||18″ S||15||2.270||44.00||4500|
|SB 18×12||18″ D||12||1.840||78.00||3700|
|SB 18×23||18″ S||23||3.400||65.00||6800|
|SB 24×12||24″ D||12||3.430||148.00||6700|
|SB 24×23||24″ S||23||6.336||120.00||12600|
|SB 33×7||33″ D||7||4.000||175.00||8000|
|SB 33×14||33″ S||14||7.500||210.00||15000|
|The values of “Flow-Rates” mentioned in technical specifications have been estimated for the following operating parameters: